Saturday, January 15, 2011

Call of Duty : Black Ops

I'd like to start by saying this is basically just my opinion on the game i'm no expert at reviewing games, so im just going to tell everyone what I personally think of the game.

Call Of Duty : Black Ops
Since this is my first review, I picked a nice end easy game to review. I'm sure there are thousands of other reviews on this game, but none of them are my opinion. 

Single Player:
When I first put the game into my Xbox, the first thing I did was played single player. My first thoughts were the graphics are amazing, all the sounds ,character detail, everything was fantastic. At the start I was a bit at a loss as to what was going on, with Mason being interrogated by who is later revealed to be Hudson. Then suddenly skipping into the mission to Cuba with Woods and Bowman, but later it all revealed itself and became an easy to follow and fantastic storyline. Certainly my favourite Call of Duty storyline so far, with World at War being my second.

Zombies:
Zombie mode was something I was in no real rush to play and as of yet have not played it all to much. I don't like the Black Ops zombie maps all that much, however since I preordered the hardened edition I did get the classic WaW maps, which are a lot of fun. All in all zombies is great fun but manages to get boring and repetitive quite fast.

Multiplayer:
Last but not least multiplayer, what a vast majority of the people that preordered and purchased Black Ops for. The maps are fantastic and Treyarch did a great job balancing the game. That being said there are some weapons that are a tad overpowered *Cough* 74-U *Cough* but that does not take away the beauty of the multiplayer experience. I myself have reached 3rd prestige level 36 and enjoy it quite a lot. The new currency system is great starting off with every perk unlocked, but I believe this is adding to Black Ops getting boring quickly. Unlocking every perk as soon as you prestige means you can use the same perks all the time, without having to switch it up. Theater mode is a great new addition, allowing plays to upload their clips to the internet without an overpriced pvr or capture card. I am yet to use theater mode and I doubt I ever will but it does seem very useful. Call of Duty is famous for its popular multiplayers and Black Ops is definitely up there as one of the best I have played.

I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who is yet to buy it or is unsure.

14 comments:

  1. The game itself is fantastic. The players on the other hand are dirty little jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good game, glad you're reviewing it. Following and supporting now man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got bored of this pretty quick. Not much has changed since mw2

    http://pyrosive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, I'll be sure to check all your blogs out regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though they keep rehashing the same game I still love to play it. Followed!

    Make sure to follow mine at greatestsc2blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey man, awesome blog. Follow me back at:

    http://linkisnotdead.blogspot.com/

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good but I prefer the choice of weapons and perks from MW2, also the smaller things and, in my opinion the glass, looks a bit shit. It's good until you find that game where you end up spawn killed as soon as you join.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I agree, MW2 perks and weapons were better. Minus Commando and One Man Army Noobtubes. Black Ops in my opinion is a good game, just gets boring fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the single player story. But I hated playing through it. I barely played it...it was more like watching a bunch of cutscenes. I can't stand that in games where its 75% play through cutscenes and 25% actual playing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BLACK OPS IS TITS TO SAY THE LEAST

    CHECK OUT MY BEER,BABES,AND FART JOKE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice review, man. I haven't played a Call of Duty game since CoD4. I think I'm going to check this out.

    http://dustinbones.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete